Salt Lake Valley hazmat firefighters -- from several agencies -- successfully burned hundreds of gallons of chemicals Monday morning, after moving barrels of the material from a warehouse -- at the International Center -- into a prepared trench.
The burn created a large, black plume of smoke -- but authorities say it was non-toxic.
The chemicals become hazardous when their temperature exceeds 75 degrees. That occurred Sunday, when fire broke out at the site, near 4th North, 61st West.
There were no injuries.
Hazmat crews remained on the scene Monday, monitoring additional barrels of the chemical, to make sure they didn't also become hazardous.